Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 8 vegan sausages, thawed if frozen (we like Tesco Plant Chef or Birds Eye Green Cuisine)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 300g dried pasta shapes such as rigatoni or fusilli
- 200g baby leaf spinach (see tip)
- 300ml single soya cream (we used Alpro)
- Handful freshly chopped flatleaf parsley (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Cut the sausages into small chunks, then add to the onions along with the garlic and crushed fennel seeds. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring, until golden. Add a splash of water if the sausages start to stick to the pan.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving about a cupful of the cooking water.
- Add the spinach and soya cream to the frying pan. Season with a little salt and ground black pepper, then cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Mix in the cooked pasta and enough reserved cooking water to make
a creamy sauce. Serve straightaway, garnished with parsley if you like.