That is our favourite recipe for carrot cake cupcakes! They’re 100% made out of scratch, simple to make, versatile and completely scrumptious. These cupcakes are additionally impressed by one in every of our hottest recipes! Jump to the Easy Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
Watch The Video
Just a few years in the past, we shared our absolute favourite recipe for carrot cake. Since sharing it, so lots of you’ve reviewed it and shared it with your loved ones and associates. We’ve additionally been requested about turning it into cupcakes and whereas we do present a couple of fast suggestions within the cake recipe, we thought it was about time that we shared our go-to recipe for carrot cake cupcakes.
These cupcakes are quite simple to make and also you don’t want any fancy tools to make the batter. Let me stroll you thru the fundamental course of, the total recipe with all ingredient quantities is beneath.
The best way to Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Making these cupcakes is simply so simple as making carrot cake. In case you have a few bowls and might stir components collectively then you possibly can completely make these cupcakes! Right here’s how I love to do it:
- Combine the Dry components in a single bowl and the moist components in one other: I prefer to whisk my dry components collectively in a single bowl till they’re properly blended. Then I whisk all of the moist components collectively in one other bowl.
- Fold the dry and moist components collectively: For this step, I change to a rubber spatula or giant spoon and fold the 2 — moist and dry components — collectively till I don’t see any giant streaks of flour. (We use the identical technique when making blueberry muffins and this buttery blueberry cake. Each recipes are so good!)
- Add plenty of grated carrots, and for those who’re including them, nuts and raisins: After I’ve received the batter prepared, I fold within the carrots and if I’ve them available, some raisins and chopped pecans.
Baking the Cupcakes
We’ve developed this recipe in order that it makes about 12 properly sized cupcakes. I exploit a regular cupcake pan. They bake within the oven for 22 to 27 minutes.
After baking, it is very important let the cupcakes cool earlier than frosting together with your favourite frosting (we’ve offered a easy cream cheese frosting within the recipe beneath).
Extra: When you’d prefer to make a full-sized cake, check out our Straightforward Carrot Cake Recipe.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
How do you retailer the cupcakes? Technically, as a result of there’s a cream cheese frosting on the cupcakes, they need to be stored within the fridge, however most bakers (even skilled ones) are okay with leaving frosted cupcakes on the counter for a couple of hours (so long as your kitchen isn’t scorching). When refrigerated, the cupcakes will final about 5 days.
Can I exploit applesauce as a substitute of oil within the cupcakes? That is one thing we have now by no means tried ourselves, so you could have to do some experimenting by yourself. That stated, it’s best to have the ability to swap among the oil for applesauce with out too many points.
Can I add pineapple to the carrot cake cupcakes? Sure, completely. It would add much more moisture to the cupcakes so use contemporary pineapple or in case you are utilizing canned, drain it first earlier than including to the cake. We don’t advocate including greater than 1/2 cup.
Extra Cupcake Recipes
Straightforward Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are so easy to make. For the carrots, we choose handy grate for the best carrot items that soften into the cupcake batter, however you can even use a meals processor. It makes fast work of grating carrots, however the items shall be barely bigger. Some grocery shops promote luggage of grated carrots, as properly.
This recipe is forgiving. You may make this with or with out the nuts and raisins. We like utilizing each granulated and brown sugar on this, however utilizing one or the opposite is an possibility.
Makes 12 Cupcakes
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
1 ¼ cup (160 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon superb sea salt
3/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon floor ginger, non-obligatory
1/4 teaspoon floor cardamom, non-obligatory
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, non-obligatory
1/2 cup (118 ml) canola or different vegetable oil
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (95 grams) calmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 giant eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ cups (150 grams) grated peeled carrots, 2 to three medium carrots
1/4 cup (32 grams) coarsely chopped pecans, non-obligatory
1/4 cup (32 grams) raisins, non-obligatory
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces (113 grams) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 tablespoons (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch superb sea salt
1 ½ cups (180 grams) powdered sugar or confectioners sugar, plus extra as wanted
Pinch floor cinnamon or floor cardamom, non-obligatory
1/4 cup (32 grams) coarsely chopped pecans, non-obligatory
- Make Batter
- Bake Cupcakes
- Make Frosting
Warmth the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit (176C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and the nutmeg till properly blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one by one, till mixed.
Swap to a big rubber spatula. Scrape the perimeters and backside of the bowl then add the dry components in 3 elements, gently stirring till they disappear and the batter is easy. Stir within the carrots, nuts, and raisins.
Divide the batter between the ready muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the best way to the highest. Bake till the tops of the cupcakes are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool cupcakes within the pan for five minutes then switch to a cooling rack and funky utterly earlier than frosting.
In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with a handheld mixer on medium velocity till very creamy, about 2 minutes.
For the creamiest frosting, sift the powdered sugar or whisk till most giant lumps are gone.
Beat within the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time till fluffy. For a thicker frosting, add an extra 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
To make spiced frosting, beat in a pinch of floor cinnamon or cardamom.
Adam and Joanne’s Suggestions
- Non-obligatory spices: In our authentic carrot cake recipe, we solely name for floor cinnamon. We find it irresistible this manner (as do lots of our readers), however I additionally love a barely spicier model. The non-obligatory floor ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg don’t overpower the cupcakes, however add a beautiful heat spice.
- Frosting: When you plan to pipe lots of frosting onto every cupcake, you could have to double the frosting recipe above. In case you have any leftover, the frosting could be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for a couple of days or within the freezer for a couple of months.
- Recipe impressed and tailored from Smitten Kitchen’s Recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes.
- Diet information: The vitamin information offered beneath are estimates. We now have used the USDA database to calculate approximate values.
When you make this recipe, snap a photograph and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We like to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Discover us: @inspiredtaste
Diet Per Serving: Serving Measurement 1 frosted cupcake / Energy 336 / Whole Fats 17.1g / Saturated Fats 5.2g / Ldl cholesterol 50.7mg / Sodium 220.7mg / Carbohydrate 43.5g / Dietary Fiber 0.8g / Whole Sugars 32.2g / Protein 3.8g