Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 min
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 shallot diced
- 32- oz can of chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower diced
- 2 packet of Tiger Tiger Indonesian Satay Simmer Sauce or 1 1/2 cups of a different simmer sauce
- Bonus: add cilantro to garnish and serve with fresh lime.
- Preheat oven to 375°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, and rub a thin layer of oil onto them. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Microwave instructions: to save time and avoid turning on the oven you can microwave the sweet potatoes instead. Poke holes in the whole sweet potatoes, and wrap them with damp paper towel. Microwave for 7-9 minutes, or until tender.
- Warm 1/4 cup of water in a skillet or frying pan, and add the shallots. Sauté for about 1 minute, or until they soften and the water starts to dissolve. Add the chickpeas, cauliflower, satay simmer sauce, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook for 20 minutes covered on medium heat until the cauliflower is tender.
- Mash the center of the sweet potatoes, and fill with the chickpeas and cauliflower. Top with fried shallots .