Kitchen Sink Cookies are a chewy, candy and salty brown butter cookie that’s simple to make and loaded with every little thing however the kitchen sink!! I’ve added chocolate, pretzels, and toffee bits…however get inventive!
Should you’re into scrumptious cookies ensure to strive my Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
You already know I like a simple cookie recipe…and make it candy and salty, plus add in a little bit brown butter I’m offered! These are tender and chewy cookies with a buttery edge…my favourite form! I first had a Kitchen Sink Cookie at Panera so a few years in the past, and naturally I liked it…so I knew I needed to make a copycat model right here on my website. Whereas the Panera Kitchen Sink Cookies are nice, my recipe is unimaginable! I hope you make these and love them as a lot as I do!
It’s a fairly simple clarification…as a result of they’ve every little thing however the kitchen sink added in! In fact that’s an exaggeration, however the mix-ins on this recipe is what units them aside kind a typical chocolate chip cookie.
Past semi-sweet chocolate chips, you additionally add in milk chocolate, toffee bits, and pretzels…plus a sprinkle of sea salt for that further candy/salty combo.
However Are Kitchen Sink Cookies Good? Nicely I say sure! They’re principally a chocolate chip cookie with some extra treats added in. Should you don’t like salty/candy this may not be the recipe for you, however since you possibly can management what you add in, you’re the captain!
What You Have to Make This Recipe/Substances:
The complete recipe is on the backside of the submit, however I need to go into a number of gadgets a little bit extra in depth to ensure to cowl all of the bases!
- Butter. I exploit salted butter on this recipe as a result of I actually need to amp up the candy/salty style. I additionally brown the butter on this recipe which is a simple step to actually amp up the flavour. And sure you possibly can completely use unsalted butter should you choose.
- Sugars. There’s a combo of each granulated and lightweight brown sugar on this recipe. You may additionally use darkish brown sugar as properly to deepen the flavour.
- Eggs. I exploit massive eggs on this recipe, as I do all my baking recipes. It’s additionally finest if they’re room temperature so every little thing bakes evenly.
- Vanilla Extract. This could go with out saying, as a result of I exploit vanilla in virtually all my cookie recipes!
- Dry Substances: All goal flour and baking soda the fundamentals in most cookie recipes!
- Salt. I exploit coarse sea salt on this recipe as a result of I actually love the salty little nuggets within the dough. You too can use kosher salt as a replacement should you don’t have coarse sea salt. I additionally use some flaked sea salt on high of the cookies as a garnish, however solely add this if you need a little bit further salt, it’s completely optionally available!
- Combine-Ins: I exploit coarsely chopped pretzels, toffee bits, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate! However you possibly can actually get inventive with no matter you need to add in!
Can’t Discover Toffee Bits?
I’m going to present you a full listing of different concepts so as to add in beneath, however should you can’t discover these bagged Toffee Bits (aka “Bits O’ Brittle”) you need to use Heath Bits, or chop up a Heath bar, which is a toffee sweet bar coated in chocolate.
The fantastic thing about this recipe is you could add nearly no matter you want into them, simply attempt to get a pleasant candy/salty steadiness. Listed below are a number of concepts past what I’ve use in my full recipe listed on the backside of the submit.
- Potato Chips. This can be a nice various to the pretzels. I might use a thick chip, like a Kettle cooked, so that you get that crunchy texture in addition to the salt!
- Sweet Bars. You may combine in nearly any chopped sweet bar!
- M&M’s. Minis or common sized would work nice on this recipe, in addition to giving them a fairly pop of coloration.
- Butterfinger Bits. If in case you have bother discovering toffee bits, I’ve discovered luggage of crushed Butterfinger bars within the baking aisle, and that may be incredible on this recipe.
- Caramel. You may use the Caramel bits that Kraft make, or chop up some tender caramels. Werther’s makes my favourite caramels to bake with.
- Chocolate Chunks or chopped chocolate. If in case you have an enormous bar of chocolate to make use of up, chop that up or use chunks rather than the chocolate chips!
- Peanut Butter Chips or Butterscotch Chips could be nice rather than the milk chocolate, and even white chocolate chips!
- Nuts. Chopped walnuts, pecans, peanuts, and even pistachios could be scrumptious!
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut could be scrumptious, simply 1/2 cup. You may even go the additional mile and toast the coconut for a deeper taste.
- Dried Fruit. You may add in raisins, dried cranberries (Craisins), or dried cherries if that’s your factor!
How To Brown Butter:
Browning butter is a simple step in most cookie recipes to actually add taste. In my view it ALWAYS works. You completely don’t must brown the butter for this cookie recipe, however I actually urge you to strive should you haven’t. It’s a brilliant simple course of:
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium-low warmth.
- Soften the butter after which proceed cooking it till it involves a boil.
- Swirling the pan, or stirring very incessantly enable the butter to prepare dinner till it turns into a deep amber coloration.
- As soon as the butter is browned, take away the pan from the warmth and permit it to chill.
Brown the Butter and let it cool for 20 – 25 minutes. You need it to be heat, so you possibly can combine every little thing in, however not too sizzling that the chocolate chips will soften while you add them.
Combine all of the substances into the brown butter: Mild brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and flour till mixed.
Stir in all of your add-ins. You are able to do this by hand or in your mixer.
Scoop out the dough utilizing a big cookie scoop. You may be utilizing 1/4 cup of cookie dough.
Place the dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 12 – 14 minutes in a 350°F oven till the perimeters are golden and the tops are simply set.
Permit the cookies to chill on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes to set, after which switch them to a wire rack to chill fully.
Professional Ideas for Making This Recipe
This can be a very simple cookie recipe to make, however I do have a number of tricks to make them good!
- Because you’re browning the butter and utilizing it in its melted kind you received’t have to make use of a mixer. BUT since there are a whole lot of mix-ins on this recipe, it will probably get fairly thick and exhausting to stir, so you possibly can completely switch the substances into the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment to help within the stirring!
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough. This ensures even baking and in addition helps them hold their good form!
- If the cookies aren’t completely spherical once they come out of the oven use a spatula to easy reform them again into form. This solely works as quickly as they arrive out of the oven earlier than they set.
- Press a number of chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies once they come out of the oven to present them that bakery-style look!
These cookies are finest if saved hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days. I hold them in a zip-top bag or hermetic container.
Can You Freeze Them?
You may freeze baked cookies simply in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 30 days for finest freshness. You too can freeze the cookie dough as properly earlier than baking. Take a look at my entire article on How To Freeze Cookie Dough for all the ideas and tips!
Kitchen Sink Cookies are a brilliant simple cookie recipe you could actually get inventive with what you combine in! Slightly salty, a little bit candy!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed mild brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- optionally available – flaked sea salt to sprinkle on high after they’re baked
- In a big saucepan over medium warmth soften the butter. Stirring very incessantly, carry the butter to a boil and proceed cooking till it turns into a golden amber coloration. Take away from the warmth and permit to chill for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar into the pan with the butter, stirring to mix. Stir within the vanilla, eggs, baking soda and salt till evenly integrated. Add the flour and blend to mix.
- Stir the chocolate chips, pretzels, and toffee bits into the dough. *see be aware
- Utilizing a big cookie scoop (1/4- cup) portion out the dough onto the ready baking sheet, leaving room for the cookies to unfold.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes till the perimeters are golden and the tops are simply set.
- Sprinkle the cookies with a little bit flaked sea salt if desired.
- Permit the cookies to chill on the baking sheet for 3 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill fully.
*if the combination is simply too thick so that you can stir, you possibly can switch it to a stand mixer and use the paddle attachment to combine every little thing collectively.
Retailer hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: cookies and cups, kitchen sink cookies, cookie recipe
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: