This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.
This one pot creamy sun-dried tomato pasta recipe is simple to make with probably the most scrumptious garlic-basil cream sauce.
This pasta. ♡
I virtually hesitated to share this recipe, as a result of it was a type of clean-out-the-fridge meals that’s something however fancy. However the mixture of flavors right here ended up being SO wealthy and comfortable and scrumptious that I’ve a hunch you’ll immediately like it too.
The sun-dried tomatoes are undoubtedly the star of the present right here, intensifying the sweet-tart tomato taste within the pasta, plus we’ll use the leftover oil to sauté the veggies for further taste. I’m additionally a fan of an excellent chewy small pasta form on this recipe, such because the gnoccheti sardi pictured right here, which provides such satisfying texture to every chew. I went large on the garlic and basil for the sauce and lightweight on the cream, because it doesn’t want a lot, and a pinch of crushed pink pepper flakes provides the right trace of warmth. Then I undoubtedly advocate including a beneficiant handful of freshly-grated Parm to every bowl simply earlier than serving. So scrumptious!!
Every part right here comes collectively in a single pot in just a bit over half-hour. So the following time you’re craving a comfy bowl of pasta, seize a jar of sun-dried tomatoes and let’s make a fast batch of this one collectively!
One Pot Pasta Substances
Listed below are a couple of temporary notes in regards to the components you will want to make this one pot pasta recipe:
- Pasta: I like to recommend a small pasta form for this recipe reminiscent of gnoccheti sardi (pictured right here), which has a satisfyingly chewy texture. However orzo, orrechiette, lumachine, anelli, tubetti rigate, or every other small pasta form that you simply love greatest may also do. Please see the word within the suggestions part under in regards to the cooking instances for numerous pastas.
- Rooster: I like to recommend utilizing boneless rooster breasts or thighs, reduce into small bite-sized items. We’ll season the rooster merely with salt and pepper and sauté in oil.
- Solar-dried tomatoes: It’s important to buy the jarred sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil for this recipe, as a result of we may also use the oil to sauté the veggies for further taste.
- Veggies: I simply used a easy mixture of onion and child bella mushrooms for this pasta, however be happy so as to add in every other saute-friendly veggies that may sound good.
- Herbs and seasonings: We’ll use a number of recent garlic and recent basil, plus a beneficiant pinch of crushed pink pepper flakes so as to add a touch of warmth to the dish.
- Vegetable broth: I like to recommend utilizing vegetable or rooster broth to cook dinner the pasta, which is able to give it some further depth of taste versus simply utilizing water.
- Greens: I really like wilting a beneficiant bunch of greens reminiscent of child spinach or kale into this pasta.
- Heavy cream: We’ll add a splash of cream on the finish to carry this cozy pasta collectively.
- Parmesan: I like to recommend including a really beneficiant sprinkling of freshly-grated Parm to every bowl earlier than serving!
Suggestions For Making This Pasta
Listed below are a couple of suggestions for making this one pot pasta recipe:
- The pasta form you select makes distinction. One pot pasta recipes might be difficult in the case of pasta-to-liquid ratios. If you’re utilizing a pasta form that cooks extra shortly than what the recipe requires, for instance, it might depart behind extra cooking liquid within the pot, leading to a soupier sauce. If you’re utilizing a pasta form that takes extra time to cook dinner, it might require extra cooking liquid with a view to totally attain al dente. I wrote this recipe utilizing gnocchetti sardi, which has an 10 to 11-minute cooking time. If the pasta form that you’ve got available requires roughly cooking time, no worries, simply enhance or lower the quantity of broth used to cook dinner the pasta as wanted.
- Stir extra ceaselessly because the pasta continues to cook dinner. I typically give the pasta a stir each jiffy because it begins cooking. Then as soon as it begins to take in the broth, it’s important to stir it extra usually in order that it cooks evenly.
- Add warmth to style. I really love including double the quantity of crushed pink pepper flakes to actually give this recipe a kick, however 1/2 teaspoon is a good quantity to only give it a delicate trace of warmth.
Listed below are a couple of easy variations on this sun-dried tomato pasta recipe that you simply’re welcome to attempt:
- Make it gluten-free: Use your favourite gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Add further veggies: Add totally different (or further) veggies to the sauté, reminiscent of asparagus, bell pepper, broccolini, eggplant, peas, yellow squash or zucchini.
- Add bacon: Cook dinner a couple of strips of bacon, use the leftover grease to sauté the veggies, then crumble and stir the bacon into the pasta simply earlier than serving.
- Add pine nuts: Add a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts to every dish earlier than serving.
- Add further herbs: Contemporary rosemary, tarragon, thyme or oregano may be scrumptious additions together with the recent basil.
Extra One-Pot Pasta Recipes
On the lookout for extra one pot pasta recipes to attempt? Listed below are a couple of of our favorites:
- 1 pound boneless skinless rooster breasts or thighs, thinly sliced into bite-sized items
- effective sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped (save the oil!)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 8 ounces child bella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pink pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups vegetable broth*
- 8 ounces small pasta form (reminiscent of gnocchetti sardi or orzo)
- 5 ounces recent child spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped recent basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- freshly-grated Parmesan
- Cook dinner the rooster. Season the rooster with salt and pepper. Warmth 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a big nonstick sauté pan over medium-high warmth. Add the rooster and cook dinner, stirring often, till evenly cooked by means of. Switch the rooster to a clear plate and put aside.
- Sauté the veggies. Add 1 extra tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato oil to the sauté pan. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté, stirring often, till the mushrooms are browned. Add the garlic and crushed pink pepper flakes and sauté for two minutes, stirring ceaselessly.
- Simmer. Add 3 ½ cups of the vegetable broth and pasta and stir to mix. Proceed cooking, stirring extra ceaselessly because the pasta continues to cook dinner and absorb the broth, till the pasta is 1 minute shy of al dente. If the pasta appears to wish extra broth to complete cooking, you’re welcome so as to add a ½ cup further (or extra) as wanted.
- End. Stir within the spinach, basil, heavy cream and cooked rooster till the spinach is wilted and the pasta is al dente.
- Serve. Serve instantly, garnished with a number of recent Parmesan, and revel in!