This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.
This orange salmon salad recipe is tossed with a candy and savory mixture of recent components and drizzled with an irresistible ginger sizzling honey French dressing.
It’s that point of 12 months when nothing sounds higher than an enormous inexperienced salad loaded up with recent and flavorful components. And recently, this orange salmon salad has burst onto the scene as a brand new favourite right here in our home. ♡
It’s made with the right stability of candy and savory, tangy and creamy, crisp and juicy components I completely love in an enormous entrée salad. The pan-seared salmon is fast and simple to cook dinner when you prep the remainder of the salad components. And the gingery sizzling honey French dressing pairs completely with the citrus and provides an irresistible contact of warmth that can undoubtedly have you ever going again for extra. I can’t say sufficient good issues about this one!
That mentioned, if salmon isn’t your factor, this salad would even be scrumptious made with shrimp, hen, steak, crispy tofu, or another protein that you just may choose. We’ve additionally beloved including recent navel oranges or mandarins to the salad recently whereas they’re nonetheless in season, however I undoubtedly stay up for making an attempt this salad with some peaches, mango, or pineapple come summertime.
Let’s make some salmon salad collectively, associates!
Orange Salmon Salad Elements
Listed below are a number of temporary notes concerning the components you will have to make this orange salmon salad recipe:
- Salmon: You’ll want a pound of salmon for this recipe, no matter selection you like, which we’ll season with salt and pepper and pan-sear in olive oil.
- Orange: I sliced some navel oranges for this recipe, however you’re welcome to make use of mandarins, blood oranges or tangerines in the event you choose.
- Lettuce: I like the crispy crunch that Romaine hearts (or little gems) add to this salad, however be happy to make use of no matter salad greens you like.
- Avocado: Sliced or diced avocado provides some scrumptious creaminess to this salad.
- Almonds: We’ll toast some sliced or slivered almonds to present the salad some crunch.
- Cucumber: Diced English cucumber (or Persian cucumbers) add crisp texture and freshness.
- Purple onion: I like to recommend very thinly slicing the crimson onions with a knife of mandoline. Be at liberty to briefly rinse the sliced onions in chilly water if you want to melt their taste.
- Sesame seeds: I like including a number of toasted sesame seeds to this salad for additional taste and crunch.
- Ginger sizzling honey French dressing: This flavorful dressing is made with avocado oil (or olive oil), garlic, recent ginger, crushed crimson pepper flakes, honey, apple cider vinegar and a touch of orange zest (from the orange used within the salad).
Suggestions for Making This Salad
Full recipe directions are included within the recipe under, however listed here are a number of useful ideas to remember when making this salad:
- Get an excellent sear on the salmon. Make certain that the oil is sweet and sizzling earlier than you add the salmon to the pan — it ought to sizzle as soon as it hits the oil! Then let the salmon relaxation undisturbed whereas cooking on either side in order that it might probably develop a perfectly-seared, crispy, flavorful crust.
- Modify the warmth of the dressing to style. I’d contemplate this ginger sizzling honey French dressing recipe to be pretty delicate, as written. However if you want to amp up the warmth, simply add extra crushed crimson chili flakes. Or you may at all times drizzle some sizzling sauce or chili crisp to the completed salad simply earlier than serving.
- Assemble *simply* earlier than serving. With the intention to keep away from wilting the crisp Romaine, it’s finest to mix the entire salad components and toss with the French dressing instantly earlier than serving.
Potential Recipe Variations
Listed below are a number of ways in which you’re welcome to customise this salmon salad recipe:
- Use a unique protein: Use cooked shrimp, a unique kind of fish (i.e. trout, cod, tilapia), hen, or steak instead of the salmon.
- Use a unique fruit: Use recent grapefruit, mango, pineapple, kiwi, or peaches instead of the oranges.
- Use completely different nuts/seeds: Use peanuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, pepitas, or sunflower seeds instead of the almonds.
- Add additional veggies: Edamame, snap peas, sliced bell peppers, or carrots would all be scrumptious additions to this salad.
- Add additional herbs: Chopped recent cilantro, mint, chives or Thai basil can be fabulous too!
Extra Salmon Recipes
In search of simpler salmon recipes to strive? Listed below are a number of of our favorites:
Orange Salmon Salad Elements:
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound salmon filets
- fantastic sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 10 ounces Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 giant avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 giant navel orange, zested (for the French dressing), peeled and thinly sliced
- half of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
- half of a small crimson onion, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
Ginger Sizzling Honey French dressing Elements:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated recent ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed crimson pepper flakes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- orange zest (from the orange used within the salad above)
- Make the French dressing. Warmth the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic, ginger, crushed crimson pepper flakes and stir to mix. Cook dinner for 1-2 minutes or till the garlic is aromatic. Scale back warmth to low. Add the honey, vinegar, orange zest, a beneficiant pinch of salt and black pepper, and whisk to mix. Proceed cooking till the combination begins to evenly foam, then flip off the warmth. Style and season with further salt, pepper and/or crushed crimson pepper flakes if desired.
- Toast the almonds. Warmth a big nonstick sauté pan over medium-high warmth. Add the almonds and cook dinner, tossing often, till toasted and evenly golden. Switch the almonds to a separate bowl to avoid wasting for later.
- Cook dinner the salmon. Season the salmon filets generously with salt and pepper. Return the sauté pan to the warmth. Add the oil, then add the salmon filets flesh-side-down. Cook dinner undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes, or till golden. Flip and cook dinner the opposite aspect for about 2-4 extra minutes, till the salmon reaches your required degree of doneness and flakes simply with a fork. (Cooking time will depend upon the thickness of the salmon.) Switch salmon to a clear plate, flake into bite-sized items, and put aside.
- Assemble the salad. Mix the Romaine, avocado, orange, cucumber, crimson onion, cooked salmon, and half of the toasted almonds in a big bowl. Drizzle evenly with the new French dressing and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve. Serve heat, garnished with the remaining toasted almonds and further sesame seeds, and revel in!