These candy Banana Blueberry Muffins are made with ripe bananas and contemporary blueberries. The proper mixture of banana bread and blueberry muffins!
Love blueberry muffins? Take a look at my basic Blueberry Muffins recipe OR my Blueberries and Cream Muffins!
Loopy Moist Banana Blueberry Muffins!
Simply once you thought Blueberry Muffins couldn’t get any higher, I went forward and added in banana! Truthfully, it was out of pure necessity, as I had some outdated bananas to make use of up, however it turned out to be a scrumptious discovery! Two of my favorites in a single place: banana bread and blueberry muffins! These easy home made muffins are good for make-ahead breakfasts, brunch, or simply to make use of up some outdated bananas. The candy blueberries mix with the banana taste completely.
What Makes these Muffins so Good?
- The feel: Additional moist and cake-like due to the combo of banana and bitter cream
- Ease of Prep: Only a bowl and a spoon, no mixer required!
- Bake Time: 25-ish minutes
- Topping: I sprinkled some coarse sugar on high for a bit crunch, however you might make a streusel topping like on my Banana Muffins for those who love crumble topping!
What You’ll Want
Earlier than we get began, let’s go over the important thing substances. Right here’s what you’ll must make these blueberry banana muffins occur:
- Bananas: The riper the bananas are, the higher. Attempt to use bananas with numerous brown spots on the peel for those who can.
- Melted Butter: Salted or unsalted butter each work, you’ll be able to combine in both.
- Granulated Sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla Extract
- Bitter Cream: This makes these muffins tremendous moist.
- Dry Substances: Baking Soda, Salt, All Function Flour
- Blueberries: Use contemporary blueberries if doable.
- Non-compulsory: Add in coarse sugar for the tops of the muffins.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries In Blueberry Muffins?
Certain! I like to make use of contemporary – particularly in the summertime after they’re in season and you’ll decide them your self – however frozen will work simply advantageous. Merely thaw them out and pat them dry so that you aren’t including additional moisture into the batter.
What Can You Substitute For Bitter Cream?
Don’t fear, you’ll be able to’t style the bitter cream on this recipe, it merely imparts moisture to your muffin in addition to giving it the right crumb. When you don’t have bitter cream, right here are some things you’ll be able to substitute on this recipe:
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Creme Fraiche
- Common Yogurt
Learn how to Make Banana Blueberry Muffins:
What I really like essentially the most about making these banana blueberry muffins is that it takes round 40 minutes from begin to end, after which I’ve a bunch of make-ahead breakfasts able to go. Muffins are all the time good to have available through the week since you by no means know once you’ll want a fast, on-the-go breakfast.
Prep the Fruit: Rinse the blueberries and pat them dry. In case you are utilizing frozen blueberries thaw them after which pat them dry. Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl and set them apart.
Make the Muffin Batter: In a big bowl stir collectively the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir till easy. Subsequent stir within the bitter cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir till blended. Then stir within the flour till simply mixed. Fold within the blueberries.
Fill the Muffin Pan: Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and portion out 1/4 cup batter into every tin. Sprinkle a bit coarse sugar on high for crunch. I exploit Sugar within the Uncooked.
Bake: Bake for 25-Half-hour at 350°F, or till the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear. Enable the muffins to chill on a wire cooling rack and luxuriate in!
Do I Need to Use Paper Liners When Baking Muffins?
No, for those who don’t have liners you’ll be able to coat your muffin tin with nonstick spray or grease with butter. I like to make use of cupcake/muffin cupcake liners as a result of it makes eradicating the muffins from the pan simpler, in addition to helps hold them contemporary.
Ideas and Methods:
Straightforward, proper? These muffins come collectively in a snap, they usually’re performed earlier than you recognize it. Listed here are some suggestions that make prepping these banana blueberry muffins even simpler:
- Measuring out the batter: I really like utilizing a big ice cream scoop to portion out the batter into the liners. This ensures the muffins are all the identical dimension, whereas making the method tremendous fast! When you begin utilizing a scoop you’ll by no means return!
- Toss the Blueberries in Flour: When you’re nervous about blueberries bleeding coloration into the batter, or sinking to the underside, toss them in a tablespoon or so of flour. I don’t usually have to do that for muffins, however it’s a step to take if it’s a priority of yours.
- Don’t Over-Combine the Batter: Over-mixing the batter results in dense and hard muffins as an alternative of sunshine and fluffy ones, so stir till the whole lot is simply mixed.
- Use Room Temperature Substances: Letting the bitter cream and eggs come to room temperature is a good suggestion as a result of the whole lot will combine collectively extra easily. There will likely be extra resistance for those who use refrigerated substances.
These muffins are simply adaptable to fit your personal preferences. Listed here are a couple of simple concepts:
- Use any kind of berry: blackberries and raspberries will work good!
- Add in a bit coconut! Simply 1/4 cup will actually add a pleasant taste and texture, in addition to some fiber!
- Make them gluten free by subbing in a Cup 4 Cup-style gluten-free flour.
- Make a crumb topping to go on high. Mix 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup gentle brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter, melted, and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Sprinkle this on high of the batter earlier than baking.
- Add chocolate chips. I don’t know if I might do that with blueberries, but when I turned these into raspberry banana muffins, chocolate can be a scrumptious addition!
- Add chopped nuts: 1/2 cup of chopped walnut or pecans within the batter can be scrumptious. Or add some sliced almonds on high of the muffins!
The easiest way to retailer these muffins is in an hermetic container at room temperature – they’ll final for as much as 3 days. They may more than likely hold for a few days longer within the fridge if that you must retailer them there.
To Freeze: Place the muffins in an hermetic container or zip-top bag and freeze for as much as 30 days for greatest freshness. Thaw them within the fridge in a single day earlier than consuming once more, and luxuriate in!
Extra Muffin Recipes to Strive:
Candy Banana Blueberry Muffins are made with ripe bananas and contemporary, juicy blueberries. These home made fruit-filled muffins are a scrumptious make-ahead breakfast, they usually’re freezer-friendly, too!
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup bitter cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all objective flour
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- Non-compulsory – 1/4 cup coarse sugar for tops of muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork, leaving them barely lumpy, and put aside.
- In a big bowl stir collectively the butter and sugar. Combine within the eggs and vanilla and stir till easy. Add the bitter cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir till blended. Subsequent combine within the flour till included.
- Fold within the blueberries.
- Prime every muffin with an equal portion of the coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25-Half-hour, or till the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Enable the muffins to chill within the pan for 10 minutes, after which take away and funky on a wire rack, or serve heat.
Retailer hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days. Freeze hermetic for as much as 30 days.
- Serving Measurement:
- Energy: 272
- Sugar: 26.1 g
- Sodium: 228.9 mg
- Fats: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.6 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 54.7 mg
Key phrases: banana blueberry muffins, simple banana muffins
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later