Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 60 mins
- 1 ¾ cups dry bulgur wheat
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- Place the bulgur wheat into a saucepan with at least 3 times it’s depth in water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Add water if necessary to prevent burning. When the wheat is tender, stir in a pinch of salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. When done, drain and set aside to cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Place the diced avocado into a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with lemon juice to thoroughly coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna and cooled bulgur wheat. Add the bacon and the avocado with its juice, and toss gently. Serve as a meal or as a salad.